Kauai Five Element Acupuncture
body, mind and spirit
Water Earth Metal Fire Wood
Anne Skabo, L.Ac. Kilauea (808) 634-0009 email@example.com
Preparing for Your First Treatment
Please download and print the forms located in the link to the left titled "Forms". Fill them out to the best of your ability and bring them to your first appointment. Otherwise, you may arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment and the forms will be provided for you to fill out when you arrive.
ON THE DAY OF TREATMENT, if possible:
- Please refrain from wearing heavily scented products
- Please avoid wearing makeup during treatment
- Do not come on an empty stomach
- Please try to avoid eating heavy meals just before or after treatment
- Try to avoid excessively hot or cold bathing
- Try to avoid caffeine or alcohol (especially before treatment)
- Please try to avoid overly strenous physical work or exercise
- Try to refrain from receiving bodywork such as chiropractic, massage, or physical therapy on the same day of treatment
This will ensure the best possible results from treatment.
TO ENHANCE TREATMENT:
With the clarity you gain from treatment, you are encouraged to examine how you live, think and feel, evaluating your lifestyle in order to remain in optimal health. Your practitioner may also suggest specific changes that may be beneficial to you as an individual.
It is not uncommon for symptoms to fluctuate before disappearing. Fatigue or temporary aggravation of a symptom can occur in the first few treatments before a deeper healing takes place. Naturopathic doctors refer to this as the "Law of Cure". Your practitioner will talk to you in more detail about this.
Punctuality is essential for all visits in order to maximize treatment time. It is beneficial to arrive five minutes early in order to be relaxed for your appointment.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Please kindly notify the office at least 24 hours in advance of any need to change a scheduled appointment. Otherwise, unless you are in an emergency situation, you will be charged the full fee for the missed appointment.
- PAYMENT and HEALTH INSURANCE: Payment at the time of treatment is required, either by check or cash. Please let the practitioner know in advance if billing is needed for taxes or insurance purposes. A variety of health insurance plans recognize acupuncture as a covered benefit, and many of these carriers are accepted by Kauai Five Element Acupuncture.
MEDICAL CARE and ATTENTION:
Acupuncture can be used in conjunction with other care you are receiving. Continue any medication exactly as prescribed by your physician. After a period of time, and if and when it is appropriate, you may make arrangements with your physician to reduce or stop your medication. If you have a medical emergency, please contact your personal physician or an emergency service facility. Also please inform your practitioner of any such ocurrence.